Thursday, October 25, 2012

30-Day Challenge, Day 4: Favorite Place

I know my last 2 posts are out of order, but this post took me a bit longer time to think about, and I wanted to keep my posting up. In thinking about my favorite place, I thought about specific places first that I have enjoyed: restaurants, theme parks, stadiums, bars, etc.; but none of them felt like my favorite place in my gut. Then I thought about places that make me most at peace. My determination on my favorite place is not a specific place, it is the mountains. I started out being specific with the White Mountains in NH, but then I recalled my time spent in the Rockies a few times, and I felt the same way. I enjoy everything about the mountains, any and all mountains. The mountains are extremely peaceful to me, comforting, and fun. I enjoy relaxing out on a lake, hiking in the woods, climbing rocks, or snowboarding down. The wildlife in the mountains is great, and the smell of the woods is one of my favorites. Sometimes I feel I was some nomadic explorer in a previous life, because that's what I wish I was now!


No comments:

Post a Comment